Just a few weeks before Oracle OpenWorld 2019, Oracle has announced the availability of Oracle EBS R12.2.9. The announcement made last August 16th, mentions many new features, corrections , and some statutory and regulatory requirements and updates that this new release presents. Some of these updates came through by the requests customers did in Oracle E-Business Suite Communities on My Oracle Support. Other updates just reflect the continued development of themes introduced in earlier 12.2 releases.
According to our CTO, Gustavo Gonzalez, who has been evaluating all of the different new features, R12.2.9 introduces more than a hundred updates overall in EBS. Forty-seven new features are on the Applications Technology side only!
Oracle EBS R12.2.9 Features
These are some of the most important new features and enhancements in 12.2.9 release:
- Oracle Property Manager improves support for IFRS16 and ASC842 from an accounting and operational perspective.
- Processing of bookings, terminations, and accrual transactions is now more flexible, with bookings and terminations supported retrospectively.
- Oracle Lease and Finance Management improves end-to-end throughput for the organization.
- Order Management:
- Oracle Order Management extends its support for recurring payment streams with a usage-based billing option to automatically generate invoices based on customer usage.
- A new entity called Customer Service Representative (CSR) was added and will be particularly helpful for the organizations who have two different functions for Salesperson and Customer Service Representative
- Oracle Inventory Management adds workflow-driven cycle count approvals with the Approvals Management Engine (AME.)
- Oracle Mobile Supply Chain Applications (MSCA) introduces multi-field barcodes, which simplifies data entry and provides better compliance with the new FDA (GS1) and European (PPN) specifications.
- With Oracle Purchasing, organizations can define and capture additional business attributes in purchase order documents to communicate unique procurement needs to suppliers.
- Oracle Procurement Contracts and Oracle Sourcing enable supplier and buyer legal teams to conduct online negotiation of contract terms.
- Approvals Management Engine (AME) workflows are integrated with Oracle Sourcing and Oracle Supplier Lifecycle Management to enable approvals by multiple users and teams
- Oracle iProcurement increases control and reduce errors by requiring requesters to enter the outstanding quantity to be received.
- Oracle Project Billing provides bill groups for flexible categorization of transactions to meet the unique billing needs of a project.
- Project Costing uses the same budget for project funds check as for corporate (GL) funds check.
- Oracle Process Manufacturing provides serialization support for industries such as life sciences, chemicals, and consumer goods that require traceability of the supply chain.
- Oracle Discrete Manufacturing provides increased visibility and improved production controls.
- Asset Lifecycle Management:
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management enhances work request approvals using AME.
- Oracle Service supports charges integration with Oracle Advanced Pricing to allow item charges, such as for replacement parts, to be priced using Advanced Pricing rules.
- With a new prescriptive recommendation capability, Oracle Depot Repair proposes root causes and recommends best fixes based on past service orders.
- Human Capital Management:
- Oracle Time and Labor offer mass upload of employee time card entries along with an enhanced time card retrieval dashboard to save administrator and line manager effort.
- Administrators can now choose to provide access to online payslips and W-2 forms via Self-Service to employees after termination and retirement.
- Applications Technology:
- A user can now run multiple Forms sessions of the same Oracle E-Business Suite environment concurrently on the client using Java Web Start.
- Enhancements to the Oracle Application Framework (OAF) improve the user experience of HTML UIs.
- Oracle Workflow user interface pages now display date and time values in the user’s preferred time zone.
- Look-ahead search is now enabled for key flexfield combinations.
- The layout of the simplified home page is now responsive and will change according to the available viewport on different devices, providing a better user experience
- New “list search” functionality simplifies table searches in many high-use HTML pages. With a list search, users can view saved table searches as infotiles.
For more details regarding the EBS 2019 innovations, see:
How to Deploy Oracle EBS 12.2.9?
Oracle EBS 12.2.9 is available on My Oracle Support as Patch 28840850. As with previous releases, 12.2.9 is cumulative and includes new updates as well as updates made available in one-off patches on 11.5.10, 12.0, 12.1.3 and prior 12.2 releases. The 12.2.9 patch must be applied on top of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2. For detailed instructions for downloading and applying the patch, see: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.9 Readme, Doc ID 2495027.1.
Many new features and enhancements were requested and voted on by customers using the social media capabilities of the Oracle E-Business Suite Communities on My Oracle Support. Other new features and enhancements reflect continued development of themes introduced in earlier 12.2 releases, including support for modern business models, user interface modernization, and increased operational efficiency.
For details regarding the EBS 2019 innovations, see:
The EBS 12.2.9 release update pack (RUP) is delivered on My Oracle Support as Patch 28840850. Instructions for downloading and applying this latest RUP on top of the EBS 12.2 codeline can be found here:
Joseph is National Treasurer & Director - Australian Oracle User Group in addition to number of professional qualifications and memberships awarded by world renowned organisations. Also, he holds Masters in Business Administration.
Latest posts by Joseph Kattar
- Why Oracle’s Autonomous Database is required to manage data during transformation - 27 August, 2019
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.9 is now available - 21 August, 2019
- Oracle Opens Next-Gen Cloud Region in Sydney (Four New Cloud Regions Across Four Continents) - 17 August, 2019