In his keynote at Oracle OpenWorld Larry Ellison announced the new Oracle Cloud Free Tier. The new Free Tier is a combination of Always Free and 30-Day Trial services to jumpstart your next big idea to build, test, and deploy applications on Oracle Cloud.
Keeping in mind its ultimate goal of creating an ‘autonomous’ cloud, Oracle announced the ‘Oracle Cloud Free Tier’ programme that will let organisations, developers, students, and educators to build, learn, and explore the full functionality of Oracle Autonomous Database and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. The ‘Oracle Cloud Free Tier’ includes Always Free services for anyone to try the company’s self-driving database and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for an unlimited time.
At the keynote of the annual conference, Oracle Co-founder and CTO Larry Ellison targeted rivals Amazon Web Services (AWS) reiterating the company’s autonomous strategy with the availability of Oracle Autonomous Linux — the industry’s first and only autonomous operating environment. “Autonomous systems eliminate human labor…And when you eliminate labor, you eliminate human error,” Ellison said.
Oracle says that while other hyperscale cloud vendors provide a free 12-month trial of their relational database, Oracle’s Always Free Autonomous Database remains free for as long as it is used. It also offers more compute and storage as Always Free services than its competitors do with their free trials. Users can upgrade easily to get more instances, larger instances, and additional services.
What’s included with Oracle Cloud Free Tier? *
New Always Free
Services you can use for an unlimited time.
- Two Oracle Autonomous Databases with powerful tools like Oracle Application Express (APEX) and Oracle SQL Developer
- Two Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute VMs; Block, Object, and Archive Storage; Load Balancer and data egress; Monitoring and Notifications
30-day Free Trial
US$300 in free credits.
- Access to a wide range of Oracle Cloud services for 30 days, including Databases, Analytics, Compute, and Container Engine for Kubernetes
- Up to eight instances across all available services
- Up to 5 TB of storage
Joseph is National Treasurer & Director - Australian Oracle User Group in addition to number of professional qualifications and memberships awarded by world renowned organisations. Also, he holds Masters in Business Administration.
Latest posts by Joseph Kattar
- Oracle Cloud Free Tier- What’s included with Oracle Cloud Free Tier? - 22 September, 2019
- Oracle OpenWorld updates –Breakthrough Starts Here - 22 September, 2019
- Why Oracle’s Autonomous Database is required to manage data during transformation - 27 August, 2019