- This event has passed.
AWS – Data Protection
5 September, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm AEST
Presentation 1: Deploying Oracle on AWS – Benefits, Best Practices, tips and tricks;
Presentation 2: Protecting your Oracle Databases effectively and long term retention in AWS
These two sessions will cover the following:
- What is Cloud for DBA (how the DBA can focus on work which can benefit the business such as performance tuning versus DBA mundane tasks)
- Business benefits for migrating to the Cloud, such as:
- Coming off old end of life hardware
- Reducing Oracle licensing costs (alternatives to Exadata)
- Avoiding “database congestion” and over-provisioning
- Increasing agility
- Managing security controls
- How Clients move Oracle DB to AWS Cloud?
- What challenges are faced immediately and what to look out for in the future?
- How those challenges are addressed?
- Managing Shared responsibility model on the Cloud
- Support principles, both Oracle and AWS
- Avoiding vendor locking
- How secure is my data in the Cloud
- What happens if it rains in the Cloud (discussing Backup & Recovery options on the cloud)
Denys Dobrelya is long time Oracle DBA who loves sharing his experience with new platforms and helping others to avoid costly mistakes, made by Denys in the past.
Kumar Nachiketa is a Partner Solutions Architect at AWS, APAC based in Singapore. He works with AWS engineering teams to advise on their roadmap, assist partners with architecture design, guide their implementation and help promote their offerings. His broad responsibilities include owning the technical engagement with AWS emerging technology system integrator partners, as well as managing technical enablement AWS internal Partner Development teams. In his 12 years of career, he’s been helping customers from various industry solving typical data storage challenges in several ways – deployment, consulting, finding ways to evolve. He has co-authored IBM Redbooks on IBM storage cloud and OpenStack integration with IBM Spectrum Scale.
Jerry Vochteloo has worked for DellEMC Data Protection Solutions for 7 years. He currently works with the biggest banks in Australia helping them build robust data protection strategies for both on-prem and off-prem workloads. Jerry has more than 20 years’ experience in Data Protection space with large, tier one customers.
Jerry is the Cloud Data Protection Lead for Dell EMC, Asia Pacific & Japan.
Trichy (Prem) Premkumar is an Enterprise Architect with more than 25 years of IT experience. Prem has a strong Application and Oracle Database background and has extensive experience in architecting innovative solutions for very large enterprises around the world that demand the highest level of performance, business continuity, availability and data protection.
Prem is the Chief Technical Architect for Databases at Dell EMC, Asia Pacific & Japan.